RightTransitions® Improves Patient Well-Being After a Hospitalization
Recovering from a medical condition can be stressful. Our RightTransitions® program is specifically designed to assist patient and families to work with other healthcare providers so that readmissions can be prevented and patient care will be improved.
According to the Department of Health and Human Services; “one in five patients who leave the hospital will be readmitted within 30 days”. The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission estimates that up to 76% of these readmissions may be preventable. Our care transition program goes above and beyond from the moment our client leaves the hospital to assure a return to the warmth one enjoys Right at Home.
When a loved one is discharged from the hospital or rehab, the effects of their condition aren't necessarily gone. This often makes adjusting to daily life difficult, especially for seniors, which can increase their risk for readmission. Right at Home Sonoma's RightTransitions® program can help make transitioning from a healthcare facility to home easier on the patient by providing the following in-home senior care services:
- Communication with family and healthcare providers. We speak with the doctors and family to ensure everyone has the same information.
- Regular visits. Our caregivers and nurses can check in on your family member to know that you’re doing well and getting better.
- Medication reminders. A main cause of slower recovery is improper use of medications. We can help make sure they stay compliant and are taking what is needed.
- Transportation to doctor appointments. Regular doctor visits are important to most people’s recovery. If you aren’t able to drive yourself, those appointments can be hard to keep.
- Meal preparation. Eating nutritious meals is the foundation of health. We can fix meals for any diet – even for special dietary requirements such as diabetes or congestive heart failure.
- Maintain the household. Your loved-one needs to focus on recovery. Our caregivers can help by taking care of typical daily chores, such as vacuuming, washing dishes and cleaning the bathroom.